#FootytoolWorldCupSpecial: My top 5 dream World Cup Final Pairings.
This Tournament only happens once in 4 years, and as the clock hit 12:00Am, January 1st 2018, the thoughts of every footballer, football lover and football enthusiasts switched from club football to the WORLD CUP.
Every injury scare to any footballer now brings fears that his world cup hopes has gone up with smoke.
The World Cup final takes place on 15th July 2018 at the Luzhniki Stadium in Moscow, one of our Writers, ADEKANYE OPEOLUWA Shares his top 5 dream world cup final pairings with us.
(5) Brazil vs Germany; we saw this final in 2002 and Brazil triumphed with a brace from Ronaldo de Lima.
Germany thrashed Brazil 7-1 in the Semi Final of the 2014 World Cup enroute winning the tournament and this potential clash brings up history and the biggest names in the game.
From Neymar to Coutinho to Gabriel Jesus to Toni Kroos, Mesut Ozil Thomas Miller and co, oh what a final this could be!
(4) Germany vs Spain; Spain always has one or two things against Germany. Spain won Euro 2008 by beating Germany 1-0 in the final courtesy of a goal from Fernando Torres.
Spain also effectively ended Germany’s hopes of winning the 2010 World Cup by stopping them in the Semi Final with Puyol giving the Spainards thewin.
This Current Spain side may not be anywhere near the one that ruled the world between 2008-2012 but they only thrashed 2014 World Cup finalists Argentina 6-1 recently and you can’t rule them out.
It’s another dream final pairing.
(3) Brazil vs Argentina; Battle of the power houses of South America.
Brazil and Argentina have produced the biggest names in football over the years from Diego Maradona to Pele to Kaka to Crespo to Batistuta to Ronaldinho and now to Messi and Neymar.
How better can Neymar prove that leaving Messi’s shadows in 2017 than by clashing against him and possibly outshining Messi in the 2018 World Cup Final in country colours?
(2) Portugal vs Argentina; This is all about C ronaldo vs Lionel Messi. We have seen this battle in the Champions League, the Spanisb League and Copa Del Rey.
Both players despite their greatness have never won the world cup. They are tied on 5 ballon d’or awards each, what better way to settle the score in 2018 than at the World Cup Final itself?
(1) Germany vs Portugal; Portugal are European Champions. Germany are World Champions.
From qualification stage, this had looked the part for a mega world cup final that should live long in the memory of everyone.
Portugal have moved from under achievers to European Champions, Germany have moved on from back to back Bronze medalists at the World Cup to Champions, what will happen if they clash in the grandest stages of them all?
What is your own dream World Cup Final pairing?
Hit us up on all social media platforms let’s dicuss @footytool